Followers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Something Different....

Hello everyone.. Hope your all doing well..  I have something a little different to share with you today..
Its my venture in to Mixed Media.
 A few weeks ago I started playing around with  Mail Art, that in no time lead me to mixed media..
It also lead me to sketching,  I use to do that a lot as a kid..
But was never that good at it.. Well I'm still not that great at it, But have been enjoying
 giving it a try again..
Here is one of the sketch's, that I used on this  project.

I know, I know, she not really in proposition.
Here she is colored

So then I painted a canvas with Acrylic paint. Did some stamping on it., Some stenciling, Colored the butterfly's with markers, added some flowers, and added the text..I know its not that great But I cant begin to tell you how much fun I had with it..

 Well that's it for today thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments..
Hugs, Linda

15 comments:

gina g said...

Wow Linda this is fabulous, i cant even draw a decent stick man lol. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

This is stunning Linda a fantastic drawing
Chris x

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Linda this is fantastic, how clever you are, that image, the scene and colouring is superb, excellent work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Danielle said...

Hi Linda! Wow - this is super and you are certainly a talented artist!! It's so great to put your hand to something different and you've certainly wowed us with some beautiful art work here!
Hugs, Danielle

Patty Sue 2 said...

I think it is fabulous...don't sell yourself short! Did you get my e-mails?

Linda Dale said...

I think this is super and you should keep drawing. Maybe even think of doing some digi stamps yourself. Truly beautiful. Blessing, Linda

loz said...

WOW!! Linda. Your sketch is Fantastic..Loz

Nannieflash said...

Wow Linda youve done a brilliant job of your sketch, and I love how youve coloured it. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
Keep it up, you know what they say about practice makes perfect.xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oh wow Linda! Your colouring is just beyond amazing...I absolutely love it! Just so stunning xx

Lau W said...

Oh superb ! you're talented ! And superb scene !
xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Linda,This is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Gorgeous, Linda! You have many talents.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Linda, what a fabulous creation! (I'm so rubbish at drawing - at school we had to draw some fruit .... so I traced round some bananas - I was good at the colouring in bit though Ha!)

misteejay said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed this and the results look super.

Toni xx

Donna said...

Wow Linda, I'm impressed, these are really good, not sure what mixed media is, but love your sketch and the coloring you've done on it too. Keep it up
hugs n' smiles
Donna xx